Transition and Retirement Planning
Long before retirement hits your radar, you have already planned and decided what type of education, skills training, and professional designations you would acquire. While you focus your efforts on entering and progressing in your career, you may not have planned for what life looks like when you no longer need to work to earn a paycheck. Some people call this retirement, but we consider this a transition from spending your days working to provide for yourself to doing the things you feel bring the most value to your life. For many, transitioning into life after work is clunky, difficult, and unsatisfying. We help you plan for this transition both personally and financially so that you can enter into your next phase of life with excitement and purpose.
Why Transition and Retirement Planning is Important
How much will you need in retirement? What will you do with your time when you are not required to work? Are you spending too much now? What if you are not saving enough? How much and how frequently should you be saving? Could you run out of money in retirement? Are you investing in the right places? Will Government and Employer pension plans cover you through retirement?
If you don’t plan for transitioning into life after work, you won’t be adequately prepared for the personal and financial reality of it. An ill-prepared transition into life after work often includes unnecessary personal, emotional, and financial stress.
What We Can Do For You
For our clients, transition and retirement planning doesn’t start at retirement. It starts much earlier. Our transition and retirement planning services take a long-term view of your personal and financial wellbeing. We use a life-cycle approach to ensure your life after work is well-planned and meaningful to help you reach your personal and financial goals.
Here’s what we do for you as part of our transition and retirement planning service:
- Your personalized transition and retirement planning strategy: Everything we do for you centers around four pillars - Helping you plan to achieve your financial goals prior to transitioning into life after work; Planning to ensure you have sufficient income during retirement; Putting plans in place to safeguard against potential catastrophes; and Planning for your legacy.
- Understanding your goals: Through our personalized approach, we understand your transition and retirement goals and desires.
- Analyzing where you are at: To plan a meaningful transition and retirement, you need to know where you currently stand. We help you build an in-depth financial inventory to use as part of our transition and retirement planning process.
- Developing the plan: Remember all those questions you had on your mind – largely unanswered? We work with you to create a transition and retirement plan that addresses your questions and concerns. When we’re done, you not only know what sort of income you need to fund your retirement lifestyle, and what your investments are anticipated to generate; but you’ll also know how to bridge the shortfall – if any.
- Implementing the plan: As you move closer to transition and retirement, we work closely with you to ensure the plans are implemented in a phased and orderly manner. The goal of our transition and retirement planning is to make transitioning into life after work as seamless and stress-free as possible.
- Supporting decisions on pensions and benefits: Our transition and retirement planning professionals are available when you need them, with help and advice on pensions and benefits (Government or Employer): Whether to apply or not? When to apply? What to do with those funds…and much more.
- Looking out for you in life after work and beyond: Our transition and retirement planning service isn’t done yet. Life after work presents questions with many other facets of your life – Health Care, Insurance, Charitable Giving and Legacy Planning. When you need our advice, our advisors are available to support you.
- Ongoing reviews: Our transition and retirement planning service ensures we maintain a long and enduring relationship with you. We continue to monitor and review your retirement plans and consult with you frequently about any changes or updates needed to address changing circumstances and your evolving retirement lifestyle needs.